I. Am. Hungry. I just started the Engine 2 (E2) Diet with a group of coworkers yesterday. Hunger and always having it is not anything new for me, but the fact that I am eating double of what I normally do is strange. On my usual diet, I eat pretty frequently throughout the day, maybe five or six times. But, this is unreal! I am literally eating all the time! Here is what I have eaten so far today:
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats cooked with 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbls chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 tbls maple syrup.
I ate a pear at about 9.
- One Ezekiel Sprout Grain Tortilla
- This was smothered with home-made, oil-free hummus
- roasted red pepper
- a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and a few shakes of Cholula.
I had a salad from Whole Foods that was almost an entire container of baby greens mix! Whoa! Toppings included kalamata olives, onion, artichoke hearts, and tomatoes. And oil free dressing. The dressing was a little too vinegary for me, and that’s saying something because I really love vinegar.
I went grocery shopping again; I went yesterday after work as well. It is amazing how quickly one goes through vegetables! Here’s the loot from Whole Foods:
- 2 boxes of Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze, one not pictured. This is my favorite alternative milk!
- 1 onion
- 2 avocados.
- A frozen bag of leafy greens! Whole Foods now makes these frozen mixes of leafy greens which is super convenient! Mine has kale, collards and mustard greens.
- 1 lime
- dried dates
- Raw cashews, quite possibly the best nut in the world. Maybe they’re tied with walnuts.
I came home and ate a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar and made a Green Monster (check out Angela’s sweet website about Green Monsters greenmonstermovement.com!) with:
- kale and spinach, wilted in the microwave
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- chia seeds
- vanilla soy protein powder
- 1 date
Yum! I also ate an apple.
Wow. Talk about food. Now I’m about to eat a bean soup I made! Happy eating, whatever you are eating!