This Sunday I turn 25! I’m a quarter of a century old! For some reason, perhaps because I started culinary school in a effort to change my job, I have had life goals on the brain. I am not one to set New Years Resolutions, or really any other goal for that matter. I usually think to myself something along the lines of “I really like to start lifting weights regularly” and go for a few lifting sessions and then slowly start to do less and less lifting until eventually I stop.
This year is different though. I made a big decision this year to go back to school for the thing I love doing most in the world-cooking. Duh, I mean this is Sarah’s Cooking. It was a decision that I just made, no over thinking or over analyzing. I researched Johnson and Wales, took a campus tour, applied, talked with the parents, had much encouragement from the boyfriend and now here I am. My goal of changing my profession is on its way. If I can make this happen, then I can certainly make other aspects of my life change as well. This is sort of a big birthday for me, why not honor it with some awesome life goals? Here’s a brief list of what I’ve been thinking about:
- Attend and graduate culinary school.
- Find a job that utilizes my new culinary degree.
- Heal the tendonitis in my right wrist.
- Lift weights 2 -3 times per week.
- Practice yoga once a week.
- Run a third marathon-injury free!
- Reduce the amount of self created stress in my life.
- Start a meditation practice to help reduce stress and problem solve.