Yesterday and today I have been trying to think more about what I HAVE not what I don’t. It’s really easy for me to get bogged down on all the things I wish I had. So, here’s a list of things that are awesome now, so that when I start thinking too much about all those other things, I can remember this.
1. I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge. Pretty essential human needs, but there are plenty of people out there who don’t have what I have. I’m really lucky that when it starts to get cold, I have a warm place to call home.
2. Family, friends and boyfriend. I have written before about how awesome these people are. Rock solid and love me through and through. Enough said.
3. I have a job. It’s not the ideal job for me and it’s pretty mind numbing some times, but at least it’s a pretty decent one. I work with great people too, so that helps things out a lot.
4. I have Indie, my cute kitty. Pets make everything better.
5. I get outside on a regular basis and live in a beautiful place. I have so much natural beauty surrounding me, and that always promotes a sense of calm in me. The smell of pine trees, the autumn wind and the changing leaves remind me to stop and look around once in a while.
6. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend culinary school. Going to school makes me so happy and it’s definitely where I belong. It’s my purpose in life.
What’s awesome about your life? What do you do to keep those awesome things in your head, instead of the not-so-awesome?